Spending

Category:

So on the last blog I made, I talked about our friends in Uganda, and them wanting to help a family there who lived in a building that was not finished.  They sent out an email to people they knew.  Their goal was to finish the construction of a one room house they lived in.  I just got an email from them that the response was so great they not only could finish they one room, but they could add another room, and buy them furniture and mattresses.  They are talking of providing them with seeds and tools to plant a garden.  This is what the church is supposed to do.


It's funny though, that it was so easy to get people to send money to this.  Lately we've been talking about money in our services.  A common attitude is that people will keep their money to give to that, when God prompts them to give to a worthy cause [which this is definitely the most worthy cause you could find].  Why is it easy and awesome to do this kind of spending, but so hard to give regularly to your church.  I'm just as guilty of this as most.  I'll figure out a way to do this, but have a hard time on Sunday morning.  When money is tight, why is church the first unpaid "bill."  What God has given us, every single thing, is a gift from Him to us to bless others.  The church has the exact same goal.  All money we get is used to bless people, in every way imaginable.  

I guess the thing I think about is that giving, money, all that stuff in our lives is a telling sign of our relationship with God.  You give to what you love.  I love the Jaguars, and they have gotten a lot of my money, in clothing, tickets, food, everything.  I love technology, and that stuff is expensive.  I say I love God, and that is the true definition of what love is, yet He seems to get my second best.  I challenge to put my money where my mouth is.  Plain and simple.  

But anyways, if you would like to see pictures of Melisha's house in Uganda, financed in one week by people half a world away, check out Ruco's photoblog

Comments (0)