Snow Days!

Category:

So with the inclement weather, I was able to do some reading, watch some movies, and of course, get out and shovel my driveway of snow.  As I was shoveling away, I realized I was not the only one that got that idea.  Many people were outside going at the ice and snow all around.  One guy had his snow blower out and was going up and down the side walk, the length of the entire block.  It got me thinking, should I be reaching out like that.  So I shoveled the lady across the streets sidewalk.  Then I shovel my next door neighbors driveway.  Then I did another across the street.  Then I did two doors over's driveway.  It was hard work, but it was totally awesome.  We were all talking and hanging out, all us neighbors.  I don't usually go out of my way to talk to my neighbors, but lately I've been feeling like it should be all of our callings as Christians.  I look at how Christ went to others who most of the religious would have passed by.  We need to spend as much time as possible simply making the world better.  Building relationships does make the world a better place!  So I thank God that I got snowed in.  I thank Him for the opportunity I got to serve others.  I thank Him for the people around me, and I hope they got to see a little bit of Him in me today.

Comments (3)

Hey Justin,
that's pretty awesome! So am I led to believe that I should pray for more snow days? Hope you guys are doing well.

That really is so awesome! We should take every opportunity! I love the hearts that you and Jill have for reaching out to people. We love you guys!

this feels very familiar maybe in like a nooma or something... jk! glad u had the opp to build relationships w/ ur neighbors.