Transitions

Category:

This transition has been a little bit tough.  Moving, not as much.  But my brain has had to transition from "church" think, "church" speak, kingdom all the time, to a business mindset.  I mean, I'm trying to raise awareness now for a brand, where as before I was raising awareness of Jesus.

It's a little bit of culture shock too.  Pensacola is a small town.  And "church" is something that everyone has just always done.  I feel a weird sense of complacency all around me.  I don't feel a sense of urgency.  I want to figure out why that is.

I think this points to a larger issue in America.  Our lives as Christians cannot be lived in the a rigid framework.  It can't be when we are only at "church."  And "church" can't just be a another thing you do in your week.  Sunday shouldn't mean "church."

As my friend told me today, "We are the church, no matter where we are."  It is time for everyone to live like that.  Paul says that what ever we do needs to be for the glory of God.  Let's start living for the glory of God.  I'm going to spend time finding what it should look like.  I want to point us to a new way to live, totally centered on Christ.

Comments (0)