New Attitude

Category:

So, it's time to turn over a new leaf. All of us. Anyone who is a Christian, it's time to act like one. It's time to really make a difference. It's time to stop being a spectator and to get a move on. There are tons of people all around us that just need to be loved on. Time to do it.


I feel pretty guilty. There's a guy who come to our church. He usually stands in the back by the sound booth during the service. I hadn't seen him in a few weeks and then this week he was back. But he was on a crutch and had a back brace on. I asked him what had happened, quietly cause it was during the service. He told me that he had been in a motorcycle accident. He had broken his back in two places, fractured his leg in two places, and broke his collar bone. And then he told me that a good friend of his who had been with him died in the accident.

I didn't know what to say. I mean what do you say. He looked broken, emotionally. I told him that I would be praying for him. But the worst thing is, I don't even know his name. I can't imagine how he must be feeling. I went to pat him on the shoulder to comfort him and he grimaced in pain. I'm such an idiot. He just told me he had broken bones and I pat him on the back.

I've been thinking about him since Sunday morning non-stop. I want him to know that when I said I was praying for him, I really am, all day long. And I want to stop being the guy who spends 5 seconds saying hi to people and I don't even get to know their name. I think though, I want to thank God that he was back at our church. We need to now be the family he needs, and rally around him.

Comment (1)

ouch thanks for posting this. i saw him, too. do we know his name? what's the scoop currently? i'm praying for him w/ you.